Selecting the best San Antonio Roofing Contractor for the job is an important step, and Rhino Tuff Roofing, a Local San Antonio Roofing Contractor, offers some guidance on how to make the best selection for your home.
Having your roof replaced can be one of the most costly things a homeowner has to encounter. Depending on the size of the home, a new roof can cost a few thousand dollars all the way up to tens of thousands of dollars. This is why it is vital to make sure you hire a qualified San Antonio Roofing Contractor who has a track record of proving quality service. Below are 10 things to consider before you hire a roofing company for your roof replacement job:
- Make sure the contractor is licensed in your local area. Have the contractor provide you with his or her licensing number and ensure it is valid.
- Ask for a minimum of three references from previous customers. Call the customers and ask them for the specifics of their job. Ask what problems they encountered and how the company addressed or fix any issues.
- Get bids from multiple companies. Three is a good number here. Get three companies to come out and ask them to provide cost estimates and references then compare all to find the one that seems best.
- Check with your insurance company to make sure the company is an approved contractor (if your homeowner’s policy is paying for any part of the replacement of your roof).
- Check with the local better business bureau and read any complaints. You can also check with online services like Angie’s List or Service Magic to read reviews from consumers in your local area (these last two will charge a minimal fee for access to this type of information).
- As for a copy of the companies current liability insurance plan to protect you if anything goes wrong.
- Ask to make sure the company has all relevant permits to begin the roofing construction project.
- Ask friends, family members and your insurance agent or banker if they have any recommendations for a good quality company.
- Do not pay up front for the job and do not pay in cash. If anything is requested, pay no more than 10 percent up front and never pay anything in advance of the work that has been completed.
- Get a written contract that spells out the entire price for the work and the materials. Make sure you confirm that any additional materials will be paid by the contractor.
If you follow these 10 tips, you should feel confident that you have a good company to work with.
Rhino Tuff Roofing is a San Antonio Roofing Contractor that has been in the business for 10 years. They are an approved contractor for all insurance companies. You can check them out at: www.rhinotuffroofing.com